Saturday, March 03, 2007

Author’s Corner March 2007

By Yvonne Perry

Oh, where, oh, where has the warm weather gone? Oh, where, oh, where could it be?

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m finished with winter and it can go away now! Bring on the flowers, sunshine and warm temperatures.

I have made progress while hiding in my winter cave. My manuscript for Right to Recover: Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America is in the facts-checking stage and will go to the copy editor at Nightengale Press by mid-March. The pub date is set for late summer 2007. Thanks to all of you who participated in last month’s stem cell survey. Your anonymous comments will be in my book.

Those who enjoy a contest will want to know about the $100 cash prize I am giving as the Write On! Award for the Best Creative Writing of the Year. I have joined Irene Watson with Reader Views for her annual literary awards and encourage you to submit your work to her. For a complete list of Reader Views contests, see http://www.readerviews.com/Awards.html.

Writers in the Sky Podcast has some exciting guests in March. Barbara Joe-Williams from Amani Publishing will be talking about publishing for African-American writers. Novelist Gigi Minor will discuss her book “The Fallen” on March 9th and Devra Ann Jacobs of Mystic Pop Magazine will be my guest on March 16. Then, I will begin a set of interviews with authors who are working with Author’s Marketing Experts (AME) to promote their books. On March 23rd I’ll have CEO Penny Sansevieri and G.D. Baum, the author of “Point and Shoot”. Mary E. Martin will join me on March 30, 2007 to talk about her book “Final Paradox”.

Suzanne Lieurance and I are enjoying facilitating Writers on Call—our weekly writing teleclasses. We have 16 participants who call in to listen and discuss the topic of the week. I am giving an 8-week course on “How to Write a Book” which has been well-attended. Suzanne has been focusing on marketing and driving traffic to our blogs. These are very informative classes with interactive coaching included. If you are interested in learning more about the classes or obtaining the audio recordings of the sessions, please see www.yvonneperry.net/writersoncall.htm.

We have some great articles, poems and book reviews this month. I look to see more of you submitting pieces for the NETWORK WITH US section next month. Surely there are contests, accomplishments or upcoming events you’d like this writing community to know about. I love to hear from my subscribers so please stay in touch!

Yvonne Perry
www.yvonneperry.net

No comments: