I’ll have Janet on my podcast in early February, but if you want to get a jumpstart on writing down your soul, get Janet’s book, Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within on Amazon.com.
Try this writing exercise using these seven steps:
- Set your intention to connect with the voice inside you
- Address the voice directly: Dear ______ (fill in the blank with whatever name you want)
- Write by hand
- Activate all five senses. Vision, hearing, and touch are automatic in this process, but include a candle, incense, aroma oil, or flowers for smell and water for taste
- Ask open-ended questions as you write.
- Write fast; don't stop to correct grammar, spelling, punctuation (very hard for me as an editor). Just let the words flow from spirit to paper without the interference of logic or correctness.
- Be grateful; say thank you.