Friday, September 19, 2008

How to Become a Freelance Writer

I'm doing something unusual today. I am going to be a guest on my own show!

You may be wondering how I'm going to pull that one off, but rest assured, I am a bi-location expert with a split personality. Just kidding!

I am actually offering a show that was recorded May 22, 2008 on Blog Talk Radio when I was the guest of Lillian Brummet on her show Conscious Discussions. I enjoyed talking with Lillian that day and since I'm always getting inquiries about how to become a freelance writer, I thought it would be helpful to simply put this information out there for everyone.

Click here to listen to the interview on freelance writing...

I might also mention that she is looking for authors and people to interview on her show. You may contact her about being a guest or listen to Lillian’s other informative shows about a wide variety of other topics at blogtalkradio.com/ConsciousDiscussions

Today's show is about 45 minutes long. In it, I will share some inside information about Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services and answer these questions:

How did you discovered you might have a marketable writing talent?

Please define the term “freelance writer” and what this involves.

What are the most common challenges that a freelance writer faces?

Please share some behind the scenes information on how you manage the scheduling, marketing, and the record keeping end of things in the office.

What are some common misconceptions or preconceived ideas about the world of writing?

Let’s discuss the life of an author. What do you face as an author that is different from what a freelance writer faces?

Your newsletter deals with a lot of these issues and more. Would you like to tell our listeners about the newsletter?

*******************
Listening to Writers in the Sky Podcast on a computer is easy. Just click this link: http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com// and go to my blog.On the right sidebar there is a list of archived shows. Click on the interview you would like to hear and it will open a post that has a link to the audio file.

Have you thought of hosting your own podcast? It's easy. Learn how at http://nashvillewriter.audioacrobat.com/

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

L. Shepherd said...

I LOVE your hair. Is it razor cut?

Unknown said...

Thank you! As a matter of fact, it is razor cut.