Many dieters find supplements confusing—or have concerns about the side effects and health issues surrounding diet aids. Now, Harry Preuss, M.D., one of the top researchers in the field, and Bill Gottlieb, former editor-in-chief of Rodale Books, share their expertise in this practical book to help dieters make informed decisions about weight loss supplements. Based on scientific trials and studies, The Natural Fat-Loss Pharmacy reveals:
- which weight loss supplements to take
- which supplements work, and which don’t
- how to design a personal supplement program that’s truly helpful and safe
- how supplements can help almost anyone to lose weight (and keep it off) more efficiently than just through diet and exercise
The Natural Fat-Loss Pharmacy features a dozen safe, effective weight loss supplements, including:
- EGCG (green tea extract)—burn up to 180 more calories per day
- CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)—lose 5 pounds of fat, without dieting or exercise
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan)—end carbohydrate cravings
- MCT (medium-chain triglycerides)—prevent weight regain
- HCA—get off a weight loss plateau
- Chromium—for dieters with blood sugar problems
Bill Gottlieb is the former editor-in-chief of Rodale Books and Prevention Magazine Health Books, and the author of five books on health and healing, including the 1.5 million-copy bestseller, Alternative Cures (Rodale, 2000).
While at Rodale, Gottlieb was the creator and supervising editor of the mega-selling The Doctors Book of Home Remedies (16 million copies sold), and was the spokesperson in a commercial for the book that was broadcast 50,000 times and generated sales of 2 million copies. He has appeared as an expert on natural remedies on Good Morning America, CNN, and many other national TV and radio shows. His articles on health and healing have appeared in many magazines and periodicals, including Prevention, Reader’s Digest, Health, Runner’s World, Men’s Health, New Beauty, Natural Health, Self, Alternative Medicine, Bottom Line Personal and Bottom Line Health.
Bill is also a poet, and his work has appeared in more than 20 literary journals. And, as a longtime devotee of the Spiritual Teacher, Adi Da Samraj, he compiled and edited the book Love and Blessings: The Divine Compassionate Miracles of Avatar Adi Da Samraj (The Dawn Horse Press, 2006), and is a consulting editor for the online magazine, The Adidam Revelation, at www.adidam.org. He lives in northern California.
Access shows by clicking on a link in the list on the right side bar of our blog http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com/. Subscribe to Writers in the Sky RSS feed by entering your email address in the sign up box below the list of shows.Some shows have multiple parts, which last about 15-20 minutes each. The short-length classes are a great way to learn about the craft and business of writing while driving to work or sweating at the gym!