Friday, May 11, 2007

Good News from Janet Riehl

Janet was interviewed by Yvonne Perry on Writers in the Sky Podcast earlier this year. I love her down-home style of poetry and now one of the characters she writes about has his own debut! Here’s what Janet wrote:

Dear Friends,

I thought you might like to know that my father, Erwin A. Thompson, and his new Western "Cattle Country and Back Trail: Two Tales from the Thompson Western Series" are featured on Reader Views this week http://www.readerviews.com/. This gives a good synopsis of the book. There's an excellent interview there with Pop and a review of his book.

There's a press release available at PR web as well
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/05/prweb524213.htm that has a good summary of Pop's unusual life creating every which way, and still carrying on at 91.

I've also posted the press release on my blog. Over the weekend I posted his poem "Our Heritage" and the background thoughts that led to writing the poem.

Enjoy!

Janet Grace Riehl

No comments: