Monday, November 15, 2010

A Side Splitter with Bang Appeal.

Book Title: Confessions of an Ex-Gun Dealer
Author: Ludwig Sawicki
ISBN: 143275839X
Publisher: Outskirts Press
Link to purchase
Reviewer: Vonnie Faroqui for WITS

Since we are into confessions . . . I have one of my own to make. I am a bleeding heart liberal, love animals and although I am not anti-gun I am close to it. When I first picked up this book I was skeptical about how fair I could be to the author and what kind of review I would give. That being said, I really, truly, deeply enjoyed this book.

Southern gentlemen and the Irish aren't the only natural storytellers. Author Ludwig Sawicki can spin out a tale with the best of them. Confessions of an Ex-Gun Dealer is a humorous, intelligent, straight shooting, and honest memoir that reveals much about life. No time is wasted in political correctness and yet the book has a charm about it that allows the reader to remain comfortable, even when challenged with setting aside personal bias.

Sawicki’s love of guns is infectious. His knowledge and experience is vast and yet woven into the book with such ease one hardly realizes they are receiving an education. There is an incredible level of joy and love conveyed in every character description and tale. The people and accounts shared by the author seem to come alive. Reading, I felt rather like I did as a kid when my uncle would entertain us by the fire.

There are strange things done by men with guns,
for the love of the hunting trail . . .

This is a great book for anyone who enjoys the hunting and the shooting sports but it is also a wonderful study in human resilience, determination, and character. The book is full of life experience and wisdom, business acumen, and best of all laughter. Sawicki is damn funny and an astute observer of human nature.



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Cabel said...

You should not use social media as a direct sales tool, but rather as a way to show appreciation of your customers and make them look good. Posting photos and videos of your satisfied customers and tagging them in the photos and videos will cause their friends to see and comment on their photos. In turn, this will bring awareness to your business.
Internet Business

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great advice, Cabel.