Saturday, June 05, 2010

Book Review: 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home

Title: 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home
Author: Tisha Morris
Turner Publishing Company
ISBN: 978-1-59652-567-2
Price: $9.99
184 pages
Self-help genre

Purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com
Reviewed by Yvonne Perry for WITS

I’ve read (or should I say “started” to read) several books on feng shui and found them too difficult to understand. I wanted something practical that showed me exactly what to do. I don’t care about Chinese history regarding feng shui and I don’t want to read complicated maps or worry about superstition regarding where I put things. What I wanted was an easy read with an uncomplicated solution to remedy troublesome areas that I knew needed help. That’s exactly what I got in 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home.

I mean really easy things like changing the art on the walls, or tossing out a drawer full of old pictures, rearranging furniture, cleaning a closet, or adding a mirror or crystal. Did you know that ringing a bell can clear a room of negative energy? Simple solutions like these will get you started to remove stagnant energy and get things flowing again. I even learned how to bring in the five elements and found the motivation needed to take on a large project.

This straightforward book not only helped me understand how the surrounding environment relates to the various aspects of life and what I could to do change my environment in order to improve my life, it gave me the much-needed incentive to take action without dreading the process. Beware! You may decide to clean out your entire basement. I cleaned and painted my laundry room and completely revamped my workspace two days after reading this book! What can I say? I was inspired.

Based on the Bagua map that helps you see the specific relationships between parts of your house, Tisha’s interactive program teaches how to divide your living space into nine sections that reflects the Gua distribution. She doesn’t leave you with a bunch of ideas and no way to implement them. After showing you what to do and why, she tells you how to do it in the chapter titled “A Plan to Implement the 27 Things.”

I also like the size of this book. It fits in my purse and the print is large enough that I don’t need bifocals to read it! Be sure to check out Tisha’s feng shui app for iPhone in case you get inspired at work or while at a friend’s house!



Bookmark and Share

No comments: