Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Great Podcast on Grammar and Usage

After my own Writers in the Sky Podcast, Grammar Girl is my next favorite podcast. I enjoy learning new things about word usage and grammar and having my knowledge challenged or confirmed by listening to host Mignon Fogarty explain things such as which pronoun (I or me) to use in a sentence.

On my recent trip to Georgia, I listened to about 25 shows that I had accumulated on my iPod via my subscription to her podcast on iTunes. The drive provided a chance to sit down and take in all the wonderful information she offers.

Maybe you don't think that a show on generic singular pronouns or proofreading tips could be that interesting, but I assure you that by listening to Grammar Girl you will not only be informed and educated, you will also be entertained. Her wit and fun examples help get the point across and make it memorable, plus you can call in and ask questions that you would like to have her cover in a future episode.

Mignon is an author. Her new book Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing was released July 8 and I have ordered it online. I can't wait to get it.

I get nothing for recommending Mignon's book or her show. She doesn't even know who I am. However, I enjoy sharing helpful information and new learning tools with my readers. So,
why not check out the Quick and Dirty site and see for yourself how much fun grammar can be?

Yvonne Perry

No comments: