Thursday, January 03, 2008

Coolcats Techno Question


Jerry McEwen of Coolcats was a regular columnist for Writers in the Sky Newsletter. And, he was a personal friend to me and many of our readers. Jerry was fatally stabbed at a Kroger store parking lot in Nashville on December 18, 2007 while trying to stop a man who had just stolen a purse from a 60-year-old woman. The man who stabbed our friend had only been out of jail for a few months. Fortunately, he and his female accomplice have been arrested.

You may read the story by clicking on this underlined text....

Jerry knew everything about technical and computer stuff. He was always willing to help whenever I needed to update the Web site he created for me several years ago. Since he wouldn't take money for the minor tweaks, I invited him to have his own column in my newsletter. He was so excited about the opportunity and eagerly awaited to hear the question from a WITS reader.

I emailed Jerry on the Monday just before the January issue of our newsletter was going to be formatted. He planned to have the piece for me byWednesday. When I didn't hear from him, I thought it was odd because he always got back to me promptly. I was thinking of him on the way home from a meeting on Friday and had planned to touch base with him that afternoon. When I got home, I had two phone messages telling me about his heroic death.

I just can't believe he is gone. We will truly miss this guy.

Yvonne Perry

No comments: