LOS ANGELES – USABookNews.com, the premiere online magazine and review website for mainstream and independent publishing houses, announced the winners and finalists of THE NATIONAL “BEST BOOKS” 2007 AWARDS (BBA) on November 1, 2007. Over 500 winners and finalists were announced in over 140 categories covering print, audio books & courses, e-books and interactive CD-ROMs. Awards were presented for titles published in 2007 and late 2006.
Jeffrey Keen, President and CEO of USABookNews.com, said this year’s contest yielded an unprecedented number of entries, which were then narrowed down to over 500 winners and finalists.
Award highlights include the following:
- Yvonne Perry, Author of RIGHT TO RECOVER Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America is the Award-Winning Finalist in the Current Events: Political/Social of the National Best Books 2007 Awards. A complete list of the winners and finalists of the USABookNews.com National “Best Books” 2007
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (Simon & Schuster - Atria Books) snagged Best Self-Help: Motivational Book
- Clive Barker’s highly-entertaining, recently released Mister B. Gone (HarperCollins) was honored in the Horror category
- The Personality Code: Unlock the Secret to Understanding Your Boss, Your Colleagues, Your Friends…and Yourself by Travis Bradberry (Putnam) topped the Business Career category
- Indie Title, The Vengeance Trap by Axel & Linda Hansen (Ophir Publishing) won the General Fiction category
- White Heat by Cherry Adair (Ballantine Books) took home the Best Mystery/Suspense prize
- The First Commandment by Brad Thor (Simon & Schuster - Atria Books) was awarded hottest Thriller/Adventure
- Acclaimed Artist & Author Thom Bierdz won multiple categories for his self-published autobiography, Forgiving Troy: The Art-o-Biography of Thom Bierdz. Named as one of the must-read books of 2007 by USA Book News.
- Full results listing available online at www.USABookNews.com
Winners and finalists traversed the publishing landscape: Simon & Schuster, Penguin-Putnam, HarperCollins, Random House, McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin Co., John Wiley & Sons & hundreds of independent titles contributed to this year’s outstanding BBA competition. Keen adds, “BBA’s success begins with the enthusiastic participation of authors and publishers and continues with our distinguished panel of industry judges who bring to the table their extensive editorial, PR, marketing, and design expertise.”
Jeffrey Keen, President & CEO of JPX Media, is available for television, radio, and press interviews nationwide to talk about the National “Best Books” 2007 Awards and other publishing industry topics. Contact 800-733-6511 or email email@example.com for schedule availability.