Saturday, February 24, 2007

When I Grow Up, I Want to be a Ghostwriter!

This article is from Taryn Simpson, a member of the Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services team:

When I first started out in my writing career not too long ago, I have to admit, that I didn't know much about ghostwriting. I always envisioned someone that wrote the romance novels that characteristically have hundreds of titles, but contained one or two different plots. Surely someone would tweak each novel and that was ghostwriting. How wrong I was! I had no idea back then that I would be enjoy a career as a ghostwriter today.

Ghostwriters first and foremost write material without receiving credit for it. Someone else receives the credit and the ghostwriter is paid for his or her services. This concept applies to articles, white papers, speeches, books, memoirs and anything else you can think of. If fame and attention is what you are craving as a writer, don't bother becoming ghostwriter!

So what is the allure? I can only speak for myself, but I take great pride in my writing and write as if my name will be plastered all over the book. The allure for me is that I get to meet a lot of interesting people and learn all sorts of things by writing someone else's story. If a client already has a publisher interested in the book, I am truly happy for them. I don't have a yen to travel the country marketing the book. It's hard work traveling and doing book signings and so on. I prefer to write from home and meet people from virtually all over the world through the ease of the internet.

I wish I had known about ghostwriting a long time ago, but better now than never! I'm having the time of my life and love what I do. How many people can say they can't wait to go to work in the morning? I know I can!

To learn more about Taryn Simpson's ghostwriting services, please visit www.Taryn-Simpson.blogspot.com She can transform your story into a page turner!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Taryn_Simpson

No comments: