Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Poetry from our readers

A New Dish

by Cherie Burbach

My words call out to me

like Thanksgiving leftovers

in the kitchen

late at night

nudging me awake

begging me

to mix them up

put them in a pretty dish

and devour them.

They ask me

to taste them

feel them in my mouth

smell their goodness

wrap my tongue around

their flavor.

They tell me

to enjoy them

now, in the moment,

before another year passes

and I’ll have different words

to prepare

in a new dish.

Cherie Burbach is the author of two books of poetry, The Difference Now, and A New Dish, as well as At the Coffee Shop, a humorous look at the world of Internet dating. Cherie works as a consultant for PersonalsTrainer in which she helps online daters write great profiles that catch attention. Watch for her new novel, FOR THOSE WHO KNEW ZACH, coming soon. For more information, please visit her website at www.thedifferencenow.com.

No comments: