Saturday, October 28, 2006
Working with Wisdom to Promote Your Book by Tricia Molloy
When it comes to promoting and selling our books, we all have something in common. We could benefit from the wise counsel of a trusted business partner.
The good news is that this partner is already here but has been sadly underused and neglected. Your business partner is a powerful force with all the wisdom of the universe and always has your best interests at heart. It's your Higher Power or Higher Consciousness-the Divine Wisdom within you that you can access at any time for a wealth of information, ideas, support and guidance.
You don't have to know all the answers; you just need to know where to look. And often the place to look is inside to make decisions, solve problems and come up with creative ideas. Follow these 10 universal principles to increase your success and joy as an author.
1) Tap into Divine Wisdom: Your Inner Guidance is Calling. Are you looking for innovative ways to reach the media or connect with other successful authors for mutual support and guidance? Try these five strategies: meditation, intuition, dreams, prayer and “God Winks,” which is paying attention to coincidences or synchronicities.
2) Define Your Life Purpose: Setting Intentions. When your life purpose is in alignment with your life's work, all the pieces seem to fall into place and your work as an author becomes play. Look at what motivates you, your deepest values and your natural gifts to help you define your life purpose and set intentions to support it. My Life Purpose Statement is: Through support and by example, I inspire others to follow their dreams and live joyfully on purpose. That statement inspired me to write my book and motivates me to coach, speak and write about working with wisdom.
3) Embrace Prosperity: You Deserve Unlimited Abundance. Once you realize that abundance is your birthright and you need to circulate money for it to grow, you will begin to experience the effortless flow of prosperity in all aspects of your book business. Keep in mind that prosperity goes beyond money to perfect health, loving relationships and a true sense of grace and ease in everything you do.
4) Clean Out the Clutter: The Universe Will Fill the Vacuum. A cluttered workplace distracts us and drains our energy. Throw out the garbage and set up systems that will keep you organized. By clearing that space, you have created a vacuum that the universe will fill with people and opportunities that serve your highest good.
5) Stay Present: That's Where the Gifts Are. Resist the temptation to multitask all the time and instead focus your full attention and all your senses on the task at that moment. Use the “at this moment” approach while working on a book proposal, being interviewed for an article or meeting with a prospective publisher. You can solve problems faster, show a deeper level of respect for those around you-thereby earning more respect-and reduce the stress you feel from juggling too many things.
6) Live Your Truth: Time for an Integrity Checkup. When our thoughts and actions conflict with the truth, we waste precious energy and tarnish our reputation. By increasing your level of integrity in thought, word and deed, you will transform all your relationships, including the one with yourself.
7) Engage the Law of Attraction: Your Thoughts Become Your Reality. The Law of Attraction states that energy attracts like energy. When your vibrational energy is high and light, which comes from love, trust and peace, you will attract people and circumstances that vibrate at that same level. To reach and maintain a high level, participate in nurturing activities like eating and drinking healthy, exercising, playing, laughing, reading inspiring books, enjoying a hobby, and giving thanks. What you focus on will expand, so keep your thoughts on the solution, not the problem.
8) See to Believe: The Power of Visualization. Follow the lead of every top athlete by visualizing success. What can you visualize as an author? It might be seeing yourself signing copies for a long line of enthusiastic readers or delivering dynamic book talks in exotic locations. I visualized that and was just invited to present two workshops at an executive women's weekend retreat at a five-star resort and spa in Mexico in February. Make sure to engage all your senses and infuse that image with all the positive emotions you would feel as if it were true. Begin with the end in mind. Visualization creates a space for reality to unfold, just like you pictured it.
9) Affirm Success: Creating, Positive, Powerful Statements. Decide what you want to be true in your business and create a short, positive statement in the present, as if it were already so. Some examples are: “I am a wildly successful author and millions of people read and love my books.” “I love to speak and share my story with others.” Post it and say it regularly. Some people prefer to rewrite their affirmations each morning and others sing or chant them to bring it deep into their soul.
10) Give Thanks Often: Cultivating an Attitude of Gratitude. Keeping a gratitude journal is the first step to opening up to more blessings as an author. Commit to writing in it at the end of each day. Include one unique entry each time and you will begin to seek out new reasons to be thankful throughout the day.
Tricia Molloy is author of DIVINE WISDOM AT WORK:™ 10 UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLES FOR ENLIGHTENED ENTREPRENEURS (Aha! House, 2006). Visit http://www.divinewisdomatwork.com and take the quiz to find out how much Divine Wisdom you're using now!
Posted by Yvonne Perry at 12:04 PM