Monday, October 02, 2006

How Toastmasters has helped me as a writer

When I first joined Toastmasters I didn’t really know why I needed public speaking experience, but recently it has been shown to me that the skills I have gained are for a higher purpose.

I now have my own podcast Writers in the Sky where I interview writers, authors, publishers and literary agents about the craft and business of writing. In turn, I am also a guest on radio shows and teleclasses! In fact was interviewed this week by Valerie Connelly for her Global Talk Radio show CALLING ALL AUTHORS. The show is archived http://www.globaltalkradio.com/shows/callingallauthors/ if anyone wants to listen. I did have a few “ums” and “you knows” so I’m glad there wasn’t a grammarian/ah-counter present! Your feedback is welcome if anyone wants to do an evaluation.

If you want information about my podcast you can see http://www.yvonneperry.net/WritersintheSkyPodcast.htm. If you have written a book you want to talk about, I would be happy to interview you and let you put your Toastmasters skills to work outside the club level.

No comments: