Friday, October 24, 2008

Podcast Guest Author of Book on Near-death Experience

Since Samhain or Halloween is coming soon, I thought it would be nice to offer something on our podcast for those who have loved ones on the Other Side.

The veil between the physical and non-physical worlds is thought to be very thin this time of year and many of us ask the spirits of our deceased loved ones to join us for the evening. For me, it’s like a family reunion of departed souls as we lovingly honor Virginia, Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop, Edmond, Pap, Little Granny, and Uncle Asa. This year, we will add to the list my dear friend Jerry McEwen, who was murdered during the holiday hoopla last December.

My podcast guest today is yours truly. Yes, I’m going to be the guest on my own show again! This time, I have invited Carol Denbow, the author of A Book Inside, How to Write, Publish, and Sell Your Story, to interview me about my book More Than Meets the Eye, which covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on near-death experience, suicide, euthanasia, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one.

You may remember Carol as a guest on our blog when she made her virtual tour on the Internet in September. I asked Carol to be my guest interviewer today because she has experience with South Coast Hospice & Palliative Care in Coos Bay Oregon. Hospice care is one of the topics in my book and one that I believe is a concern for many people, who have aging loved ones they need to care for in their final days.
Click here to listen to Part 1...

My book, More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife, is available for free as a PDF for anyone who subscribes to our free newsletter at writersinthesky.com.

Or, I will mail you a brand new signed paperback copy for $10 plus shipping if you contact me. Dinged copies that have a little wear on the cover are $5 plus shipping.

Click here to listen to Part 2...

Trick or treat is actually a spinoff of the tradition of providing food offerings to honor deceased visitors who were welcome to come by their old homestead. Like balloons on a mailbox for a birthday party, candles were lit to let the spirit know where the celebration was being held. Read this article about Samhain, an ancient Celtic holiday for more information.

No comments: